The Lace and Frills of Wedding Planning
Garter Gossip

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BridalGarters 2.0

I get asked all the time why I make garters. And the question that almost always follows "why" is "only garters?" Pretty much only garters, sometimes other stuff, but for the most part that's it. 
The answer to the why is not as glamorous as I'd like to think. The truth is I fell into it by accident, I made one for a co-worker as a silly joke and it kind of just caught on. Of course it's not quite that simple, see I've worked in bridal for years. Both as a consultant, and as a seamstress and while working as a consultant I thought it would be cute to make a garter for one of our girls. (Who happened to have a little bit of a thing for zebra print.)   Looking back now that garter I made her really wasn't very nice...Sorry Julie! But it was good for a little laugh at work, and on her wedding day when the groom saw it, and I'd like to think it holds some sentimental value for her. After I told that story to a few friends I got asked to make a couple more. And then a couple more, and they started to get nicer, and more elaborate. When it got to the point past friends, and friends of friends asking me I realized this must be something not available to brides! Little did I know garters would, quite quickly, take over my house, and my time, and my life? Go figure. 
Now I don't want to give away the whole story in the first ever blog entry but here I am, 20 months later and girls are still asking me to make them! 


Anyway...I hope everyone likes my new website! Major re-vamp would probably be an understatement. Total overhaul is more accurate, and it took a really long time and a whole lot of patience from my designer but I'm very, very happy it's here. 


- Bree



0 Comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home